Keeping of tortoise at home by Guruji Shri Narendra Babu Sharmaji
Guruji Shri Narendra Babu Sharma have given lot of details on keeping tortoise at home like how to keep, in which direction to keep, what to do after keeping etc. All these questions are answered below.
- We should not keep alive tortoise at home.
- The idol of tortoise should be of Panchaloha - literally, "five metals" which are alloy of gold, silver, brass, and iron with copper as the major constituent.
- The idol of tortoise should be of Panchaloha, if not it can be made up of any five metal as mentioned above.
- The idol of tortoise should not be of Sand or Stone.
- After getting the idol of tortoise, take a container and keep the tortoise in it.
- Fill the water in the container, till the 3/4th i.e 75% of tortoise idol gets submerged.
- The tortoise should be facing in North (Uttara in kannada) direction, the back of tortoise should be facing South. Dont keep it cross positions.
- You should change the water in the container everyday. If not possibe the water should not exist more than 5 days.
Cleaning of water everyday is very good.
- Put Usheera or Lavancha root in water in small quantity. You will get this Lavancha root in gandhige angadi where pooja items are sold.
- Keep four leaves (in single stem) of Tulsi on the top of tortoise in the morning everyday.
- Keep Three leaves (in single stem) of bilva patre (Aegle Marmelos) on the top of tortoise in the evening everyday.
- Everyone in the family should have darshan of tortoise before leaving home everyday.
- Feel the difference within a week.